For fun and mainly for gadget lovers, an approximately chronological list of things I own or have owned, or that I use at work. Not intentionally materialistic, more so because gadgets and good design are a major part of my work and interest some of my colleagues and co-workers.
(This list will eventually be dynamic – thanks to something my employer is developing as part of our all ecompassing ‘RODDENBERRY’ project.)
Current (Aug 2012)
- MacBook Air 13″ i7 256GB SSD 4GB RAM (2011 edition from Chicago)
- Except for the (as always with Apple gear) appalling WiFi, a superb machine and as other reviews world-wide validate, probably the best business and semi-pro creative laptop available, in particular with the 2012 edition faster and cheaper!
- Logitech M705 mouse
- I always return to Logitech, best meeces by far!
- Cheap but great sounding for the price Sandstrom speakers (UK’s PC World store brand)
- Sony (Ericsson) Xperia Pro Android phone with fantastic slide out keyboard
- Apple iPhone 1/2G
- Still the sexiest iPhone to date
- Alcatel twin sim candy bar phone (O2/Orange) for those “my car is in a ditch, I cannot get out and I’ve got no signal on Vodafone” emergency situations and experimental projects.
Masses missing, just started this list on a whim in Aug 2012.
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- With the exception of the poorly placed power button, a superb phone, although Android ICS slows it down a bit.
- Sold in order to wait for the Note 2 for extra processing power & hopefully improved ergonomics!
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Great design and a great intro to Android ICS, but speaker way way too quiet.
- Bose Companion 2 Series 2 desktop speakers
- Fantastic sound (I’m a Bose man, so hit me.)
- MacBook Air 11″ 2010 edition (SSD kept failing, so gave up after owning 3 of them in a row!)
- MacMini (2009 edition?)
- Nokia N95 8GB Black
- One of the best mobile phones I’ve ever owned – did everything well.
- MacBook (White polycarbonate)
- MacBook (Black polycarbonate)
- PowerBook 12″
- It was whilst owning this I realised I was alergic to ALL Apple’s aluminium products.
- Titanium 15″ Apple PowerBook (Lasted me 7 years!)
- Apple PowerPC 6100 + 17″ Monitor
- ‘Lombard’ Apple PowerBook (Black, curvy and every so sexy!)
- Apple PowerBook 140 or 170 (I cannot remember!)
- Apple PowerBook 100
- Sinclair Z88
- Acorn Archimedes RISC PC
- Commodore Amiga 1200
- So impressed with it, called Commodore and developed this for it.
- Acorn BBC Micro Master
- Acorn BBC Micro
- Cloned Intel 286 IBM PC with twin floppy drives and Hercules graphics card
- The prototype of ‘RODDENBERRY’ (known as ‘AllData’ then) was developed on this machine!
- Sinclair Spectrum
- Given to me by Sir Clive Sinclair himself after I won it in a competition to predict the computer of the future.
- Sinclair ZX-81